Taconic Resources for Independence, Inc. (TRI) provides comprehensive, quality, independent living services to veterans with disabilities to assist them in becoming more stabilized in their homes and community.
The Veteran Outreach Program at TRI supports and strengthens two historically underserved (though often co-occurring) populations within our community. We provide the imperative, individualized independent living services to address the needs of veterans with disabilities. We believe the stronger our most vulnerable populations become, the better quality of life for all in the community.
We provide comprehensive services to veterans with disabilities from all eras. We provide education, training and advocacy based on a complete assessment of a person’s skills, capacity and needs. Our services include assistance with applying for both Veterans Administration and Social Security Disability benefits and information and referral to community partners throughout the county to best serve the needs of each veteran. We also provide peer support, and together with the Mental Health America Dutchess Vet2Vet program, the WestCop agency and the Veteran Service Organization (VSO), we provide housing and transportation services for our veterans. Our exemplary and extensive experience in these areas allows us to provide uniquely personalized service delivery to veterans with disabilities.
(845) 452.3913 Ext. 124
- Hudson River Housing https://hudsonriverhousing.org/
- Vet2Vet https://mhadutchess.org/vet2vet-resource-office/
- WestCop https://westcop.org/programs/ssvf/
- VeteranAid Resource http://www.veteranaid.org/about.php
- Dutchess County Veteran Services https://www.dutchessny.gov/Departments/Veteran-Services/Veterans-Services.htm
- Castle Point VA Health Care https://www.hudsonvalley.va.gov/locations/Castle_Point_Campus.asp
- Disabled Veterans National Foundation https://dvnf.org