Why work with the Mid-Hudson Interpreter Service (MHIS) as an independent contractor?
- Set your own hours of availability
- Decide which assignments you will accept or decline
- Round the clock access to the on-line scheduling system
- No restriction on working with other agencies in addition to MHIS
- Access to 24/7 support via phone from the agency in the event of an emergency
- Direct communication with Interpreter Coordinator
- Efficient invoicing
- Wide range of assignments
- Locations within the Mid-Hudson Valley
- Different Settings (Medical, K-12, College, Continuing Ed, Workforce, Trainings, Events, Legal, etc.)
If you are interested in working with our agency as a private practice interpreter, please fill out an interest form. Completed forms of interest may be faxed or mailed to our office to the attention of Jeanine Byrnes, Program Director.