What is Housing Advocacy?

If you need assistance locating and applying for affordable and accessible housing in Dutchess County:

TRI can provide you resources, such as applications for available housing, assistance in getting your name on a waiting list, or help in sorting through and filling out paperwork.

If you feel you have experienced housing discrimination due to your disability, TRI can provide support in discussing the matter with the landlord. If you want to file a complaint, TRI can provide resources to guide you.

Should you require additional information, please contact:

Ruth Thomas
Housing Advocate

(845) 452.3913 Ext. 111




Affordable Accessible Housing in New York State

New York State Tenants’ Right Guide

File Your Housing Discrimination Complaint Online

Americans with Disabilities Act https://www.ada.gov

The Fair Housing Act   https://www.hud.gov

NYS Division of Human Rights: https://dhr.ny.gov/

New York Association on Independent Living Open Doors:  https://ilny.us

Hudson River Housing https://hudsonriverhousing.org/who-we-are/